Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mundane Details About My Wednesday (you don't want to read this, people)

6:45 - E wakes up. I am already up, so I climb the stairs to get him
6:45- 9:00 - E watches T.V. I try to steer him towards Sesame Street, since it seems a bit more educational than Dora or Clifford, but usually I have to put those on eventually. He eats breakfast (pop-tart usually - thank Mike for that) or recently lemon yogurt.
8:00 Mike comes down the stairs and takes E for half an hour so I can go up and get dressed.
8:30 Mike leaves for work
9:00 - 11:00 E and I go to the gym. Thank you, gym! You have hot water (unlike my house), you have cheap babysitting, I get to read my novel as I pretend to work out. Good times.
11:00 to 12:00 - I wrack my brains trying to figure out ways to waste time. Now that I'm pregnant, I'm usually hungry, so going and getting an early lunch works. Yesterday it was El Pollo Loco. E actually ate something.
12:15-1:30: E messes around at home. Unfortunately I buckle and turn on Sesame Street, even though I know I should not let him watch this much T.V.
1:30 to 2:30 - The great nap battle begins. I coax him up the stairs, with the agreement he can bring a crayon and a balloon. Bad decision. He marks the crayon all over the chair in his room. I read books to him, then chase him around the room in order to grab him and dump him in the crib. He's not happy. Have to go up the stairs a number of times to see what's wrong. It's generally that he dropped his balloon outside the crib and wants it back. Eventually I turn on the TV downstairs and put my ear plugs in so I don't have to hear him cry anymore. He eventually sleeps. I crash on the sofa and sleep too.
4:30 - E wakes up. He weasels a tortilla out of me, even though it's almost dinner time.
5:15 - I go pick up Mike. We go to Panera. E eats nothing.
6:00 - I'm home and I'm free! Mike takes E. He plays with him and deals with his tantrums. I read stuff for my classes.
9:00 - We watch Lost together.
10:00 - I go upstairs and read more.
11:00 - Go to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home